Cambria Suites Hotel – West Orange, NJ
This Cambria Suites hotel project is currently under development in West Orange, NJ, part of the world-class New York Metropolitan market. The site is well located, surrounded by many business parks that are home to companies such as Computer Sciences Corp., Liberty Mutual Insurance, KMRREC Neuropsychology and Neuroscience, Countrywide Services Corp., Wausau Insurance, Lincoln Educational Services Corp., and IDEARC Media. Due to the high barriers to construction and limited land in the market, there are very few hotels in the area, with the existing ones producing strong results.
Many issues are being overcome during the approval process with the Township of West Orange. In order to obtain final approvals, the applications and variances needed include:
- Zoning Change
- Site Plan Approval
- Subdivision & Access Agreements
- Height, Signage, Setbacks, Grading among the 10 variances required
- Rooms: 127 rooms
- Total Acres: 3.5 acres
- Time to Develop: Under Development
- Premier, in-fill location near New York City (20 miles) and Newark Airport (12 miles) with visibility from I-280.
- West Orange is home to many demand generators including CSC Computer Sciences Corp., Liberty Mutual Insurance, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- The site is adjacent to I-280 and the Essex Green Shopping Center, providing access and amenities for guests.